Monday, March 5, 2007

Oh ...Leo

I watched The Departed last night and can proudly say that, yes, my love for Mr. DiCaprio is officially rekindled. I've never stopped admiring him; I just haven't spent much time with Leo lately. Last night, I was reminded why I should.

It's obvious that he's an incredible actor with three Oscar nominations and a list of films like What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, and Blood Diamond. And yes, I do admit to enjoying his performances and believe he is the best actor of my generation, but honestly, I just love, love, love to look at him! I admit it. No philosophical "Leonardo DiCaprio's the next Marlon Brando" talk from me. He's hot. Plain and simple.

If, you're like an old friend of mine who's always thought of Leo as too thin and boyish looking, well, check out the prison scene in The Departed. For a brief second, we see Leo working out. It's just a quick flash, so pay close attention, or use the "slow" feature on your remote like I did, and you'll see that Leo is definitely boyish no more. That boy is ab-tastic for sure.

Aside from rekindling the flames of desire for Leonardo, I spent the weekend taking care of my daughter who has been sick with strep throat. We read many books and watched tons of movies, including Flicka (Tim McGraw! Yeehaw!). Despite her fever, headache, and cough, she's been a real trooper and has complained little. We've both been enjoying our extra snuggling sessions.

At this point, my son is showing no signs of feeling anything other than a severe case of orneryness. Is that even a word? Anyway, the other day, he walked into our garage and stood beside our car and stared at it for a couple of minutes before sticking out his tongue and licking the door.

"Honey, why did you do that?" I asked.

He shrugged and wiped his tongue on his coat sleeve. "Because I wanted to do it last noon."

Translation: I wanted to do that yesterday. How interesting that he had been planning and contemplating such a move for 24 hours.

I asked, "Was that gross?"

"Yes, Mommy," he said. "I'm not goin to do that again. Not today or last noon."

Hmm. So glad he had that revelation and won't be licking cars again any time soon.

The agenda for today: Run! I slacked on my running last week, and the race is 60 days away! Yikes. I'll also be washing sheets and disinfecting the house while playing nurse.

What I'm reading: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
What I just finished: Ten Days in the Hills by Jane Smiley and Persuasion by Jane Austen

No comments: